Wedding Suite guide
- The process of creating your wedding suite starts with your ideas and deciding on the look you'd like to achieve. This is the perfect time for you to share any inspiration images or Pinterest boards. Your confirmed quantities, suite pieces and estimated budget are all essential for me at this stage so I can provide you with an accurate quote.
- The wedding suite process can be done completely over email, meaning I can work with you no matter where you are situated on the globe. Although a consultation is not necessary, if you are based in Perth Australia and wish to have a personal appointment this can be arranged.
- A deposit will be required before any work commences to secure you into my design schedule. At this stage you will also be required to send through all your finalised wording for your suite. You will then receive your stationery concept within 7 working days, which will be emailed to you as a digital proof.
- You are welcome to make up to three rounds of revisions based on the original concept to ensure it is everything you wish! Although most couples are delighted with their artwork at this point, if you want to make any further changes, there will be an additional fee for the extra time required.
- Once your digital proof has been approved, it will be processed into print production. Your stationery will then be meticulously packaged to perfection before it is shipped to your door. Shipping costs are added to your final invoice once the weight of your package has been calculated.
- Most of your invitations will be going to couples or families therefore a reduced quantity is required. Until you have 100% finalised your guest list it'll be difficult to know how many you will need. As an estimate, you're looking at approximately 70% of the total number of guests.
- It is highly recommended to order 10% more than the amount you require. Why? Firstly it is likely that you will want a keepsake for yourselves, plus there are almost always last minute guests. In the long run, it is much more cost and time effective to order 10% extra upfront, particularly with letterpress or foil printing as the set-up costs have minimum ordering quantities.
- Traditionally, wedding invitations go out around 8 weeks before your wedding date, allowing guests plenty of time to plan their schedules and make any necessary travel arrangements.
- If you are having a destination wedding, it is ideal to send them out even earlier and to consider posting save the date cards up to 12 months in advance.
- Your RSVP date should be at least 4 weeks prior to your wedding date. This allows time to follow up guests that haven't replied and arrange any on the day stationery items, such as place cards and seating plans.
- Artwork timelines are another important factor to your invitation process. We can begin the process as soon as you have confirmation of your guest list numbers, venue and times. To carefully curate, design and order in any specific items for your stationery suite, please ensure you leave at least 4 months for this process before your wedding date. If you need your stationery in a tight turn around time frame, I will do my best to accommodate. Be mindful as rush fees will apply and some options may be limited.
- As some of my unique suppliers are located overseas, extra time may need to be allocated for special requests. Most printing jobs are outsourced with turnaround times being within one week and in busy periods or large jobs up to 3-4 weeks.
ON THE DAY
Upon receiving your RSVP responses you will then have the final number of guest attending your event. Now is the time to consider investing in your on the day items.
As part of my dedication to your day, I will touch base with you around the time your RSVP date is near to assist you in preparing your stationery on the actual day.
As we have already established the style of your stationery, this look will be seamlessly carried on throughout the remaining items to preserve consistency.
Popular items (though not limited to) are:
- Vow booklets
- Menus + place cards
- Seating charts + table numbers
- Guest book
At this point you should have approximately 4 weeks until your wedding date. This is the time to start arranging these items to ensure there is plenty of time for them to be ready for your big day.
- Due to working with a wide variety of materials and papers, prices vary between each custom suite based on the complexity of each project.
As each suite is delicately designed to perfection, the amount of custom suite projects taken on is exclusive per season. This ensures that my time with each couple is authentically dedicated from start to delivery.
- Working with creative vendors with a like-minded aesthetic is always something I am honoured to be involved with. Although I welcome all vendors to enquire about any collaborative work, please keep in mind I can only take part in so many per season due to time and resources.